Visual Support Strategies
This training will provide participants with visual support strategies to address the unique learning needs and challenging behaviors of some students with disabilities.
- Benefits of Visual Strategies
- Visual Tools for the Environment
- Tools for Behavior
- Creating Individual Visual Schedules
- Visual Representation Systems
- System Location and Position
- Indicating Changes
- Terminations Cards
- Handling Breaks and free time
- The learner will recognize the benefits of visual strategies.
- The learner will identify visual tools for the environment, behavior, schedules and class activities.
- The learner will be able to select the appropriate visual tool which will support student success and independence.